Super Shadow is Shadow The Hedgehog's super state when he harnesses the power of the seven Chaos Emeralds. Super Shadow made a number of appearance's in games. His first was Sonic Adventure 2. Super Shadow often teams up with Sonic and his friends to defeat final bosses in the Sonic Series. In this form his fur turns into a bright glowing yellow, he is able to to more powerful attacks then his basic moves.
- Sonic Adventure 2: When Super Shadow first appeared in Sonic Adventure 2, he was almost the same as Shadow but he was champagne/silver excluding his red streaking. This was changed to a lighter gold-tone for Sonic Adventure 2: Battle.
- Sega Superstars: Super Shadow is in Sega Superstars after the player has collected all the Chaos Emeralds with Shadow.
- Shadow the Hedgehog: After Shadow transformed, he had a yellow golden glow around him, and like Super Sonic, his quills were pointed upwards instead of them being in their normal stance.
- Sonic the Hedgehog (2006): After transforming along with Sonic and Silver, his colors changed to that of his usual Super State. Only now his spikes remain as they were in his normal form.
- SEGA Superstars Tennis: Super Shadow is Shadow's Superstar move. His quills stay in the normal stance, and his color is similar to that of Sonic Adventure 2.
- Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing: Super Shadow is Shadow's All-Star move. He looks similar to his Sonic Adventure 2 and SEGA Superstars Tennis look.
- Super Shadow is the second most frequently used super transformation in the Sonic the Hedgehog series, next to Super Sonic.
- During the Final Battle in Sonic Adventure 2, it is implied with in-battle quotes that Shadow struggles more than Sonic in maintaining his Super State. This could be due to a lack of experience with the transformation (whereas Sonic has used it many times), or that he was exerting himself more in the battle.
- Many people mistakenly call this form Hyper Shadow, due to a misprint in the strategy guide for the game. While the term is still widely used, hacking and viewing the in-game files confirms the name Super Shadow.
- The artwork from the Sonic Art Assets DVD is a recolor of an artwork used for promoting Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games. Its purpose at the time was box art for the upcoming Action Figure 3 pack featuring Super Sonic, Super Shadow, and Super Silver.
- In Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing, when Shadow uses his All-Star Move (Super Shadow), if you look closely, you'll notice that his nose is yellow, along with the rest of his body. This must have been a mistake, because his nose remains black in all of the other games his Super State makes an appearance in.